|Terms & Conditions
|Thanks for your business and we hope you enjoy your stay in our property!
Ventura Resort Rentals is committed to providing you with the most convenient and reliable vacation rental experience possible. Please call us at (800) 247-8417 if we can help you in any way. The terms of our rental agreements are provided below and are intended to help you enjoy a safe, reliable and convenient stay. The guest agreement sets out the terms of your booking with us.
Ventura Resort Rentals (hereafter referred to as "Ventura Resort Rentals", "we", "us", or "our") provides rental management services on behalf of homeowners ("owners, owner, property owner") who rent their properties (including the associated fixtures and furnishings)(the “home”) to guests (the "guest" or "you") seeking accommodations on a short term basis (collectively, the “services”). We are the owner's property manager and authorized agent, who will perform the services related to your reservation. By using the home and services, you agree to comply with and be legally bound by the terms and conditions of this Guest Agreement (the "Guest Agreement").
By booking your rental of the property with Ventura Resort Rentals, you acknowledge that you have read and understand, and agree to be bound by, all terms, conditions, and policies in this agreement, including any unit-specific terms (collectively, the “Terms”).
This Guest Agreement is for rental of the vacation rental property specified in a confirmed reservation (the “property”). This agreement is between: (1) Ventura Resort Rentals, acting for itself and for the owner of the property, and (2) the person who is the responsible party of the property rental (collectively “guest” or “you”).
1. Policies: Please Abide by the Following Policies:
2. Unit Specific Terms:
- The property shall not be used by more than the number of adults and children listed in your reservation and will not exceed the maximum occupancy of the home.
- All guests shall abide by Ventura Resort Rentals’ good neighbor policy and shall not engage in illegal activity. Quiet hours are from 10 p.m. To 8 a.m.
- No pets are allowed unless otherwise noted for specific properties and where you have paid a pet fee in connection with your booking in advance. Registered service animals are allowed when you provide proof of registration upon request.
- Guest must be at least 21 years of age (or the specified minimum age required to rent the property, if different). Guests under the minimum age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere on the premises.
- No charcoal grills of any kind are permitted for use on property.
- No commercial photography or filming is permitted on the property. Tents or other structures may not be erected. Use of charcoal grills is not allowed.
- Guest is liable for any damage to the property and agrees to accept charges to the card on file should damage occur during occupancy.
- Please use common courtesy at the home by keeping it clean, reporting any problems or damages, washing dishes as used, taking garbage to the outside bins, leaving towels in the bathrooms and sheets in the bedrooms, and not re-arranging furniture.
- Behave as you would in any home in which you live, with respect for property and neighbors.
- No parties, noise that can be heard beyond the home lot line or in adjacent units or any illegal activity may occur at the home.
- Check-in time is 4pm and check-out time is 10am - we will notify you via email in advance if early check-in or late check-out will be available.
- Cancellation policy: rental payments (less the booking fee) are fully refundable up until 31 days prior to the reservation. *See cancellation Policy listed below, for more details.
Certain jurisdictions, resorts, and specific homes require guests to agree to additional terms and conditions (“unit-specific terms”). We will inform you during the reservation process of any unit-specific terms that apply to rental of the property. If any provision of unit-specific terms differs from the terms in this agreement, the provision of the unit-specific terms will control.
3. Channel Terms:
If you are booking through a third-party marketing channel, your booking may be subject to that channel’s own terms and conditions (“channel terms”). If any provision of applicable channel terms differs from the terms in this agreement, the provision of the channel terms will control.
4. Rental Policies and General Terms:
The licensing inspector and/or landlord can carry out spot checks on homes at any time for any infringement of DBPR (Department of Business and Professional Regulation) laws. In the event that this does occur, and it is discovered that a higher occupancy than permitted has taken place you will be required to vacate the property immediately. In this event there will be no refund of any monies paid. Guest agrees and accepts that only guest and approved guests listed on “agreement” are allowed on property. Guest agrees and understands their booking may be terminated and/or guest will be charged an additional $100 per person per day extra up to the legal limit of the home for unauthorized guests.
- Minimum age. The “minimum age” to rent the property is the age specified in any unit-specific terms. If no age is specified in the unit-specific terms, the minimum age is 21 years of age (or the minimum age required by law in the jurisdiction where the property is located, if different). You agree to provide us with proof of age upon request. A parent or legal guardian must accompany all guests who are under the minimum age for the entire duration of the rental.
- Responsible guest. As the guest, you agree to be an occupant of the property for the entire duration of the rental. All other occupants will be family members, friends, other responsible adults over the minimum age, or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. You agree to be solely responsible for your actions and the actions of all family members, guests, and invitees (collectively, “occupants”) present at the property at any time during your stay, and to ensure that all occupants understand and comply with the terms. State and Local bylaws must be adhered to, and nude or topless sunbathing is strictly prohibited.
- Good neighbor policy. Because the property is a privately owned home, all occupants must comply with this good neighbor policy. Please treat the property with the same care you would use with your own residence and leave it in the same condition it was in when you arrived. To prevent theft of or damage to furnishings or your personal property, you agree to close and lock doors and windows when you are not present at the property and upon check-out. You and other occupants agree to conduct yourselves throughout your stay in a manner that is respectful of and not disruptive to neighbors, traffic flow, or the community and that will not prompt complaints to Ventura Resort Rentals from police, neighbors, or neighborhood or homeowner associations. Noise audible outside the property is prohibited between 10pm And 8am. You and other occupants agree to abide by all applicable parking restrictions and limitations.
- Maximum occupancy. The number of people present at the property may not exceed the maximum occupancy by law. Florida law has strict occupancy limits for a vacation home and are as follows:
- 3 bed home 8 persons
- 4 bed home 10 persons
- 5 bed home 12 persons
- 6 bed home 14 persons
- 8 bed home 16 persons
- No smoking. No smoking is permitted at the property (including porches, decks or outdoor areas) at any time.
- No permanent residence. You agree that your use of the property is on a temporary and transient basis only; that you may not use the property as a permanent residence; and that your permanent residence is and will remain elsewhere than at the property.
- Animals. No animals or pets of any kind are permitted at the property except (1) as specifically authorized in your reservation, or (2) bona fide service animals that we are required by law to allow. Emotional support animals are not permitted except as authorized pets. You agree that a prohibition on animals is not a guarantee that an animal has not been inside the property or that the property is free of animal or pet allergens.
- Events and commercial photography; structures; charcoal grills. Events and commercial photography or filming are prohibited at the property without our express written permission. (if approved, additional conditions and fees may apply.) No tents or other structures may be erected on the property without our express written permission. The use of charcoal grills is not permitted.
- Criminal activity prohibited. Use of the property for any criminal activity is prohibited and may result in fines, prosecution, and/or your immediate removal from the property. This prohibition extends to use of the property’s internet service, if any, for criminal activity, including but not limited to unlawful downloads of copyrighted material, including movies, music, software, or other material. We may cooperate with any investigation of alleged criminal activity that occurred at the property during your stay.
- Payment terms; fraud. If you are paying by credit card you represent that you are the account holder or an authorized user of the account. If for any reason, Ventura Resort Rentals believes your payment may be refused by the card processor, Ventura Resort Rentals may ask you for a different form of payment. Upon Ventura Resort Rentals’ request, you will immediately provide another form of payment and adequate proof that you are the account holder or an authorized user of the account used for payment (such as a government-issued I.D. that matches the name on the account). Ventura Resort Rentals may cancel your reservation or remove you and all occupants from the property immediately if you fail to provide a form of payment that can be validated by Ventura Resort Rentals. We may share your credit card information and other information about you with law enforcement if we suspect fraud.
- Consequences of breach; charges for damage. Any failure by you or any other occupants to comply with any of the terms, conditions, or policies above is a breach of this agreement and may result in a forfeiture of your rights to rent the property, up to and including immediate removal from the property without refund and with or without the assistance of law enforcement. Ventura Resort Rentals may terminate this agreement for breach, and if you are notified of such termination you agree to leave the property immediately. In addition, you are responsible for, and you authorize us to bill your credit card on file for the full amount of: (1) any damage or loss that occurs at the property during your stay; (2) a charge of up to $1,000 usd for violations of the pet policy, including for bringing more pets or different types of pets than specifically authorized; (3) an additional cleaning fee of up to $500 usd (or the actual cost of cleaning services, if greater) for violations of any of the guest policies above (other than the pet policy) or for excessive cleaning required by the acts or omissions of any occupant during your stay; and (4) any fines issued by police, other government officials or agencies, utility providers, and/or homeowner associations for violation of any law, ordinance, or rule during your stay, and any damages (which may exceed the amount of fines) that result from the violation. If any unauthorized download of copyrighted material via the property’s internet service occurs during the period of your stay, you agree that we may share your contact information with the internet service provider or any other party we believe, for any reason, has enforcement rights.
5. Additional terms and conditions:
6. Indemnity and Law:
- Cancellation policy; no shows; travel insurance. Rental payments are fully refundable (less the amount of Ventura Resort Rentals’ booking fee, which is earned on receipt and becomes nonrefundable 24 hours after booking) for cancellations received 31 or more days before the first night of your reservation. No full or partial refunds will be granted for no-shows or if you cancel less than 31 days before the first night of your reservation, arrive after the first night of your reservation, or depart before the last night of your reservation, unless you purchased trip protection at least 31 days before the first night of your reservation (or within 24 hours if reservation is made less than 31 days in advance of stay) and cancel for a covered reason. Except as expressly provided in this agreement, no refunds or compensation will be given and Ventura Resort Rentals shall not be liable to you for failure to make the property available for occupancy if the property is unavailable or becomes partially or wholly unusable for any reason outside Ventura Resort Rentals’ control, including but not limited to adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, mechanical failures, evacuation orders or other acts of government agencies, or utility outages. Ventura Resort Rentals advises guests to obtain appropriate and comprehensive travel insurance that covers guest and all occupants and that includes coverage for personal injury and property damage or loss. Any travel insurance you obtain shall be primary for all occurrences in which you or any occupant claims injury, loss or damage.
- Trip protection. Trip protection is a cancellation fee waiver that applies if you cancel your reservation for a covered reason. If you purchase trip protection, you will receive a full refund for any nights of your reservation cancelled due to the documented death or serious illness of any guest or immediate family member, flight delays or cancellations, or access closures due to natural disasters or inclement weather. Trip protection is not insurance and does not replace travel insurance.
- Early check-in/late check-out. Early check-in or late check-out may be available; additional charges may apply. If you do not vacate by check-out time (or late check-out time as agreed by Ventura Resort Rentals), you authorize us to bill your credit card on file for a late departure fee of up to one night’s rental and we may remove all occupants and their personal property from the property.
- Alterations to Rental Dates: Any alterations to dates of the booking will be accepted only if the requested property is available for the new dates. A $50 administrative charge will be applicable for every amendment to any booking. Additional fees may apply for extra cleanings or other charges at time of change may be required. Should a change to a property of a different size (be it larger or smaller) be requested after the contract has been formed, an administration fee of $50 will be applicable and will only be possible if another property is available. Additional fees may be applicable if a new booking cannot be found for the original home.
- Maintenance or housekeeping issues; property conditions. The property is provided as is, and we are not responsible for the in-operability or unavailability of any amenities. You agree to contact Ventura Resort Rentals, using the contact information provided in your confirmation email, as soon as you notice any maintenance or housekeeping problem, or any potentially hazardous condition, at the property, or if any incident occurs at the property that is related to such a problem or condition. You further agree to give Ventura Resort Rentals a reasonable amount of time to respond to your report and to cooperate with Ventura Resort Rentals’ efforts to address the concern or provide a remedy. We will take reasonable and appropriate steps to remedy any reported problem as soon as practicable. We have the right to enter the home at any time during guest stay and we will diligently attempt to address maintenance issues as they occur. This is an associated risk of renting a single-family residence or condo. If a maintenance issue occurs that cannot be fixed in a reasonable amount of time or if the home is unavailable for any reason as determined in our discretion, we reserve the right to cancel and refund you or offer to relocate you to another home at our discretion.
- You acknowledge that if the property has access to amenities that are shared with other properties, such as a shared pool, hot tub, parking lot, or fitness center, that the availability and condition of those amenities is outside Ventura Resort Rentals’ control.
- Cleaning: each home will be cleaned and inspected by third-party cleaning contractors after your departure. We ask you to help us enable the cleaning crews as much as possible. They will appreciate simple things like leaving the home tidy, running the dishwasher, starting to wash the towels, and taking out the trash.
- Pools, beaches, recreational equipment of any kind: if the home that you have reserved includes a pool or hot tub, or is on a beach, these can all be obviously dangerous. Guests should observe and adhere to all rules and policies as posted at the home and supervise all children at all times. Lifeguards are not provided. Decks and patios can be slippery when wet and can result in injury to anyone who is not careful. Guest accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to the use of a pool, hot tub, beach and deck/patio areas. Guest accepts and assumes all risks involved in or related to any of the following recreational equipment of any kind, including but not limited to a beach or pool equipment, golf cart, bicycles, docks, boats, paddleboards or other floating devices, pool or ping pong tables, game or sports equipment.
- Damage Waiver and Deposit: Each guest will be offered an optional damage waiver that protects you against unintended damage done to the property. This is not insurance, and the damage waiver does not apply to intentional damage done by the guest or your guests, or excessive wear and tear due to parties, smoking, pets or otherwise, or additional cleaning charges due to stains or spills, or fines incurred by the police or HOA due to noise, excessive trash or parking, or damage over the purchased amounts of $1,500. If you would like to opt out of purchasing the damage waiver for your stay, you can do this by providing us with a security deposit of $1,500, or greater depending on property at the time of booking. Guest acknowledges that any damage or fines not covered by the damage waiver or above the amount of any security deposit can be charged to guest (and guest’s card on file). Please contact Ventura Resort Rentals directly at (800) 247-8417 if you do not wish to purchase the damage waiver and would rather provide a security deposit. I give permission to safelystay, inc., to verify my identity, and check criminal databases in order to confirm my reservation. Complete terms regarding safely's guest verification can be found at www.safely.com/terms. please contact safely at email@example.com, or go to www.safely.com, if you have any questions.
- Excessive wear and tear, noise and occupancy: if excessive wear and tear is found for the home, or additional cleaning is necessary due to spills, trash left on site, stains to furniture, carpeting, linens, paint, wallpaper, or flooring, guest authorizes Ventura Resort Rentals to charge guest for additional fees. Guest will be provided with a receipt for any additional fees incurred upon request or as required by local laws or regulations. If at any time the maximum number of the home’s occupants is exceeded, if we receive information about excessive noise, or any violation of any laws, regulations or terms of this guest agreement, then Ventura Resort Rentals in its sole discretion, has the right to evict guest and all occupants immediately and to charge guest a minimum service fee of $250 with no refund for the balance of the remaining reservation. If any sign of smoking is discovered guest authorizes Ventura Resort Rentals to charge guest an additional minimum $500 cleaning fee. Unless the reservation for the home specifically allows a pet, if any sign of a pet is discovered, then guest authorizes Ventura Resort Rentals to charge guest an additional minimum $500 cleaning fee. Ventura Resort Rentals will return any balance of a security deposit to guest, less any charges or amounts owed by guest, within thirty (30) days after the end of the reservation or as otherwise required by local laws or regulations. Any charges owed by guest may be charged by Ventura Resort Rentals to guest’s card on file in addition to seeking any relief provided by law.
- Phone and internet: unless otherwise specified, all homes are equipped with a high-speed wi-fi connection where service is available, and we will provide you with any required wi-fi passwords. We do not provide a land line phones for all homes and suggest that you please use your mobile phone or wi-fi enabled phone for calls.
- Furnished rental and supplies: Ventura Resort Rentals properties are fully furnished properties that will include bedspreads, linens, blankets, pillows, towels, a fully equipped kitchen, tv, and other furnishings unless otherwise specified. A limited starter supply of paper products, bath and dish soap are provided, but will not be replaced if consumed during your stay so we recommend bringing additional personal items with you. Staples such as salt, pepper, foils, wraps, etc. are generally stocked by the owner of the home, however Ventura Resort Rentals cannot commit these supplies being present. Guest is responsible for replacing stocked items as they are consumed. If there is a special type of item you are accustomed to using, please provide for those items by bringing them with you. Extra towels are always recommended for homes on the beach, or with a pool or hot tub.
- Weather and other unforeseen events: Ventura Resort Rentals does not accept liability for any inconveniences arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing, damage caused by weather/road closures or conditions, natural disasters, acts of god or other reasons beyond its control. No refunds will be given for any delays or cancellations due to such conditions.
- Homeowners association: Ventura Resort Rentals cannot warrant the usability or condition of amenities provided through homeowner associations, including, but not limited to pools, hot tubs, club houses, tennis courts, golf facilities, and picnic & beach facilities.
- Pricing: We reserve the right to increase or decrease rental or peripheral prices at any time. Pricing will be confirmed at the time of booking. This pricing is offered subject to our conditions of payment being strictly adhered to and does not include any amendments made by the client to their own personal vacation commitments.
- Unavailability/Substitution of property. On rare occasions, due to ownership changes, properties being removed from rental use, or a need for extensive repairs or maintenance, the property may not be available for rental on the dates of your reservation. In this unlikely event, Ventura Resort Rentals reserves the right to substitute a comparable property. If comparable accommodations are not available, you will have the option of (1) selecting from other available properties (in which case you are responsible for, or will receive the benefit of, any difference in cost) or (2) receiving a complete refund of your reservation payment. In the event of a substitution of rental properties, all terms in this agreement, plus any unit-specific terms specific to the substituted property, shall apply to your stay in the substituted property.
- Identification and compliance: all guests are subject to our identification and risk screening process, which may require the guest to provide personal, credit card and other information as determined by Ventura Resort Rentals prior to staying in the home. We may cancel a reservation at any time if guest fails to complete our guest identification and risk screening process as determined in our discretion. Ventura Resort Rentals does not prefer, limit or discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
- Liability: Neither owner, the homeowner’s association where the home may be located (the “HOA”), nor Ventura Resort Rentals assumes any liability for loss, theft, damage or injury to guest, his/her guests or other occupants in the home. The guest, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors and administrators, fully releases and discharges owner, HOA and Ventura Resort Rentals from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which has or have occurred, or may occur to the guest, his/her guests or other occupants of the home as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the home and agrees to hold owner, HOA and Ventura Resort Rentals free and harmless of any claim or suit arising therefrom. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this guest agreement, or their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
- Force Majeure. We will not be liable for loss or delay caused by any of the following: strikes, riots, political unrest, hostilities, war or threat of war, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, fire, flood, weather conditions, technical or weather related transport problems, aircraft grounding, closure of airports or ports, pandemics, travel bans, or any other event beyond our control. We strongly recommend that guests take out insurance for these eventualities.
- Choice of law; jurisdiction and venue; dispute resolution.
- Choice of law. Unless otherwise specified in any unit-specific terms or if a different choice of law is required by the law of the jurisdiction in which the property is located.
- Dispute resolution and arbitration agreement: united states. If (a) your claim relates in any way to a reservation for or stay at a property located in the united states, or (b) you bring any other claim against Ventura Resort Rentals in the united states (to the extent permitted by this agreement), then you agree to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating in any way to this agreement as follows:
- Class action and jury trial waiver. The parties agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the parties waive any right to a jury trial.
- Limitation of liability. To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no case shall the owner of the property or Ventura Resort Rentals, nor their affiliates, nor their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, or owners, be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages, or for any damages for personal or bodily injury, emotional distress, or damage to property, arising out of or in connection with your stay at the property. This limitation applies to all claims for damages whether based on a theory of warranty, contract, tort (including ordinary negligence), strict liability, or otherwise, even if Ventura Resort Rentals has been advised of the possibility of such damage and even if the limited remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
- Indemnity. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify Ventura Resort Rentals and owner, and their respective affiliates, for and from all claims for property damage, personal injury, or monetary loss resulting from your actions or omissions, and the actions or omissions of other occupants, during or relating to your stay.
- Assignment. Ventura Resort Rentals may assign this agreement or any of its rights, or delegate any of its duties under this agreement, at any time without your consent.
|Ventura Resort Rentals
PO Box 780187 Orlando, FL 32878